At Aureus, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents / carers. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools and parents / carers to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey.
Our transition activities usually begin at the start of the Summer Term but due to COVID-19 they will follow a slightly different format to usual.
- Members of the Aureus transition team will be contacting primary schools to gather relevant information.
- All students will have a telephone call from a member of the Aureus transition team towards the end of June and into July to talk about any worries or fears about starting a new school.
- All students will be invited to a transition evening with their parents. A date for this will be confirmed as soon as we have more information about schools reopening fully. It is estimated that this will not be until September at the earliest.
- All students will be able to access a transition booklet with a who's who page of staff in the Pastoral team and Leadership team. It will also contain some activities to be completed at home.
- A virtual tour of Aureus School will be uploaded to the website so all students have a visual insight into the school across all 3 floors and faculties.
- All students will be invited to a transition day at Aureus. Again, confirmation of the date of this will follow.
- SEND, Pupil Premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include; extra visits to the school and meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.
Please see the Downloads section below for all our transition documentation.
Ms Hunter, our Headteacher, would would like to welcome our new rising Year 7's with this short video.