At Aureus, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents / carers. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools and parents / carers to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey.
Our transition activities usually begin at the start of the Summer Term but due to COVID-19 they will follow a slightly different format to usual.
- Members of the Aureus transition team will be contacting primary schools to gather relevant information.
- All students will have a telephone call from a member of the Aureus transition team towards the end of June and into July to talk about any worries or fears about starting a new school.
- All students will be invited to a transition evening with their parents. A date for this will be confirmed as soon as we have more information about schools reopening fully. It is estimated that this will not be until September at the earliest.
- All students will be able to access a transition booklet with a who's who page of staff in the Pastoral team and Leadership team. It will also contain some activities to be completed at home.
- A virtual tour of Aureus School will be uploaded to the website so all students have a visual insight into the school across all 3 floors and faculties.
- All students will be invited to a transition day at Aureus. Again, confirmation of the date of this will follow.
- SEND, Pupil Premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include; extra visits to the school and meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.
Please see the Downloads section below for all our transition documentation.