Student Leadership Team & Prefects
The role of a Junior Leadership Team Prefect is a highly respected and very important one. Not only do the younger students in the school look to the Prefects as role models but they are also students who are there to help and support them in many different aspects of their school life. Parents and visitors to the school also see them as high respected members of the school community.
All our Junior Leadership Prefects will have general responsibilities as part of the Aureus School team, this would include being part of a daily duty team across the school or support specific areas such as the Music and PE department. Throughout the year there will also be other roles the Prefects will be expected to fulfil such as Parents Evenings, Open Days and other events. They are skilled in public speaking and communicating with the local residents.
The Junior Leadership team prefects will attend meetings with the Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher Personal Development and Heads of Faculty when required. They will also regularly liaise with the department / faculty they have responsibility for.
Role of Head Junior Leadership Team prefect
Respond to needs of school and staff as they arise, liaising mainly with the Headteacher and Assistant headteacher Personal Development.
- Represent the school at various functions and events.
- Assist with whole school and Year assemblies.
- Organisation of department and volunteers for Open Events.
- Organise the Junior Leadership Team duty rota’s
- Assist with relevant PDT clubs and after school events such as sports fixtures.
Role of Junior Leadership Prefect team
- Be responsible for the duty teams on a daily basis.
- Represent the school at various functions.
- Assist as and when required by staff.
- Have responsibility for maintaining discipline and behaviour.
- Be external ambassadors for the school.
- Trained as anti-bullying ambassadors through the Diana Award programme
- Help to organise the Year 11 Prom/Yearbooks /Leavers Hoodies.
- Act as a role model in both the school and community.
- Encourage others in the school community to benefit from the educational opportunities offered by the school.
- The ability to lead and to show initiative.
- Ability to communicate with all age groups.
Junior Leadership Prefect Team Roles
Senior Prefect Roles
Head Prefect x 2
Deputy Head Prefect x 2
Games Captains x 2
Faculty Prefects x 6 (2 per faculty)
Subject Specific Prefect Roles
The Arts Prefect team x 4 (Art, Music, Drama, Dance)
Science Prefect team x 2
Students apply as prefects via video. They produce a video no longer than 3 minutes to show how they would fulfil a prefect role. In the video they state which prefect roles they would like but the final decision sits with the Leadership Team of the school.