Vision & Values
We believe in Nurturing Hearts and Minds through the holistic development of the whole child.
Academic rigour is important and we have high expectations of our teachers and of our learners, however, it is equally important for our young people to be emotionally literate, well-rounded individuals who are highly-employable global citizens.
Aureus School is not an exam factory, Aureus School is a space where our whole community will be supported to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our learning experience is memorable and enjoyable, in and out of the classroom.
Our young people will become emotionally and mentally prepared for life with a toolkit of self-care strategies to maintain positive wellbeing and mental health into adulthood.
- We are a values-based school and received our VBE schools award in summer 2017.
- We have 12 school values which underpin our culture and ethos.
- Each value is explored for a month in our weekly assemblies and assembly reflection tasks.
- Our homily captures why our values are important, as does our school song.
- Our values underpin our curriculum and we look for teachable moments to embed them in the real world. For example in a Drama lesson reading Anne Frank’s Diary we may explore the values of Resilience, Diversity and Kindness when discussing how the Jews were treated by the Nazis.
- Our library shares books which explore each value.
- Our rewards celebrate when our values are embodied and our consequences sanction when choices contravene our values.