Y6 to Y7 Transition
|01/03/2023||National offer day: look online, receive email and letters are sent out by second class post where needed.|
|15/03/2023||Last date for responding to an offer and for placing a child's name on a Continued Interest List in response to offers made on 1st of March. Also, deadline for late applications and changes of preference to be considered in the second round of allocation process.|
|05/05/2023||Second allocation day.|
|Sept 2023||Start of the school year.|
Transition to Secondary School
A copy of the Welcome Pack for all new students will be available to download shortly.
Information about Y6 to Y7 transition will be sent to all parents and students who have been offered a school place in due course. If you have any questions, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for your diary:
|Y6 Transition Day and Evening||Tuesday 27th June 2023|
|Y7 & Y10 Return to school||Monday 4th September 2023|
|Whole School Return||Tuesday 5th September 2023|
At Aureus School, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents / carers. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools and parents/carers to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey at secondary school.
Our transition activities begin at the start of the Summer Term.
· Aureus School staff members will be contacting primary schools to gather relevant academic information about students joining our school.
· All parents/carers will have a telephone call from a member of the Aureus transition team towards the end of June and into July to talk about any worries or fears about starting a new school.
· All students will be invited to a transition day at Aureus in the Summer term.
· All parents and carers will be invited to an Information Evening at Aureus in the Summer term.
· All students will be able to access a transition booklet with a ‘who's who’ page of staff in the Pastoral team and Leadership team. It will also contain some activities to be completed at home.
· SEND, Pupil Premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include: extra visits to the school and meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.