Y6 to Y7 Transition
Transition to Secondary School
Y7 Entry 2022/23 - Welcome Pack
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Aureus School in September.
Information for all new students has now been sent to parents/carers – if you have not yet received this, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the Welcome Pack 2022/23 is available to download here.
Y6 Transition Day – Tuesday 28 June 2022
Further details about this will be sent in due course
At Aureus School, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents / carers. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools and parents/carers to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey at secondary school.
Our transition activities begin at the start of the Summer Term.
· Members of the Aureus transition team will be contacting primary schools to gather relevant information.
· All students will have a telephone call from a member of the Aureus transition team towards the end of June and into July to talk about any worries or fears about starting a new school.
· All students will be invited to a transition evening with their parents. A date for this will be confirmed as soon as we have more information about schools reopening fully. It is estimated that this will not be until September at the earliest.
· All students will be able to access a transition booklet with a who's who page of staff in the Pastoral team and Leadership team. It will also contain some activities to be completed at home.
· A virtual tour of Aureus School will be uploaded to the website so all students have a visual insight into the school across all 3 floors and faculties.
· All students will be invited to a transition day at Aureus. Again, confirmation of the date of this will follow.
· SEND, Pupil Premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include; extra visits to the school and meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.