Career Opportunities at Aureus Primary School
- Aureus Primary School is a brand new primary school being built on the Great Western Park to open in September 2018. It will open with a Nursery and 60 pupils in two Reception classes. If there is sufficient local demand there will be a consultation with OCC on opening a Year 1 class too.
- Aureus Secondary School is a brand new comprehensive secondary school opening in September 2017, when full it will be a 11-16 school with 1200 students.
- Hannah Wilson has been appointed as the Executive Headteacher of the Aureus sibling schools.
- There will be opportunities to teach and lead across both sites, and for educators to collaborate cross-phase to share expertise and experience.
- We are a school in the GLF trust and will be 1 of 28 schools in September 2018
- We will collaborate with the GLF Oxfordshire Hub, including our primary partner schools in Banbury.
- We will benefit from the CPD programmes and professional learning offer from the GLF Teaching School Alliance.
- We will ‘grow, learn and flourish’ as individuals within a community.
- We will ‘nurture hearts and minds’ through an innovative and holistic curriculum.
Our Employer’s Promise:
- Values-led leadership
- Values-bases education
- Wellbeing culture
- Coaching culture
- High-quality, personalised CPD opportunities through the GLF TSA offer
Our Wellbeing Pledge:
- We are passionate about creating a culture of wellbeing where all staff and students are valued and supported so that we can all ‘grow, learn and flourish’.
Our Diversity Pledge:
- We welcome applicants from under- represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Our Flexibility Pledge:
- We are open to applications from educators seeking flexible roles including part-time, job share and co-leadership responsibilities.
Our Newly Qualified Teachers:
- We are looking for brilliant, ambitious NQTs who want to begin their career at Aureus Primary School.
- We will make a commitment to mentoring you to ensure that you are able to ‘grow, learn and flourish’ as a teacher.
- We will support you through the GLF NQT programme through the GLF TSA offer.
- We are looking for passionate, experienced classroom practitioners who want to continue their career at Aureus Primary School.
- We will make a commitment to coaching you to ensure that you are able to ‘grow, learn and flourish’ as a teacher and an aspiring leader.
- If you will be a Recently Qualified Teacher when you join us, we will support you through the GLF RQT programme through the GLF TSA offer.
Our Aspiring Lead Practitioners:
- We are looking for dynamic, highly-effective classroom practitioners who want to hone your craft and lead pedagogy in your subject area or across a whole school strand such as SEND, EAL, Research or our #STEAM specialism.
- We will make a commitment to invest in your LP accreditation to ensure that you are empowered to ‘grow, learn and flourish’, in turn enabling others.
- We will support you through the GLF LP programme through the GLF TSA offer.
Our Senior Leaders:
- We are looking for inspiring, values-led leaders who are committed to co-leading the shaping of a new school, in a new community.
- We will make a commitment to coaching you to ensure that you are able to ‘grow, learn and flourish’ as a leader.
- We will support you through the GLF Leadership programmes through the GLF TSA offer.
- We offer competitive salaries.
We need an experienced Senior Leader to start in the Spring to work alongside the Executive Headteacher in project managing the build. This appointment could be for an experienced school leader ready to move into a Head of School role, it could be for co-leaders, or it could be for an ambitious early leader seeking a rapid career plan over the coming years as the school grows. We are open to applications from candidates seeking flexible and part-time leadership roles. This Senior Leader needs to be an outstanding primary specialist, but not necessarily an EYFS or KS1 leader. The role will grow into the Head of School role in time.
Early Years Educators
We need dynamic Early Years Practitioners who are fantastic classroom practitioners. You will be specialists in early childhood development, trained to deliver the EYFS for children from birth to the age of five. This is a critical stage in children's development. In this role, you will be a graduate leader responsible for organising and leading high-quality teaching practice in early years settings. You will make a lasting, positive difference to children's wellbeing, learning and development.
We need several Teaching Assistants to support the delivery of effective classroom practice for a September 2018 start. We would also be interested in hearing from existing and aspiring HLTAs or apprentices seeking to start their training.
- Tell us your ‘why’ for wanting to join the Aureus Primary School team and how your vision/ values align.
- Tell us which position you are applying for.
- Tell us about your experience and your specialism and detail the value this will bring to the Didcot community.
- Tell us what support and training you will need to ensure that you ‘grow, learn and flourish’.
- If you are applying for a leadership role – tell us your areas of expertise and interest.
- If you are applying for a flexible role – tell us whether you are looking for flexible hours, flexible leadership opportunities, or both.
- Friday 21st July – Applications Open
- Saturday 2nd September – Open Recruitment Event
- Friday 15th September – Aureus Secondary School Visits
- Wednesday 22nd September – Shortlisting
- Friday 24th September – Invitation to Interview
- Wednesday 27th September - Interviews
- Friday 29th September - Offers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We cannot make any offers without receiving two good references. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and is required to apply for an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
To formally apply for this role, please click on the link below to be taken through to our careers page. Alternatively, download a manual application form and send your completed form back to firstname.lastname@example.org